Tuesday 20 June 2017

Evaluation

Overall I enjoyed building this 3D environment, especially the planning before hand and being able to choose which environment I could build. Time management was very well done as I spent right correct amount of time on each section of the project, for example I spent at least an half an hour on each of the object/assets in my environment. I also feel that I have really captured the idea of the Roman environment through my designs and illustrations.

My research was well presented and structured, as it shows my process of analysing all the other types of environments, choosing which environment and then explaining what decisions led me to choose the walled city. In m research I identified than all the other environments reminded me of other games I have played with similar maps, aesthetic and atmosphere. The descriptions of the environments also fit the games style of art, for example, walled city reminded me of SMITE as its based off of roman structures and buildings in the roman empire. Another example is the Victorian environment which really resembles the world of Dishonoured with cavalry, sword armed soldiers with Victorian guns.

As for improvements, the collective  recording of my building and designing could have been implemented much better and clearer as I was making my environment. More info could have been shown as to how i actually shaped the objects and combined them in order to create the final objects. Despite this, I have explained the processes well and shown them threw images and illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment